This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
This post is sponsored by ChocZero. All opinions are my own and I only share products I personally love. Thanks for supporting the brands that make this site possible!
Strawberry almond milk is a sweet dairy-free spin on a classic kid-friendly recipe. With just 4 ingredients and a few minutes, you can make this milk without all the sugar and additives you’ll find in store-bought versions!
The trick to making the best strawberry milk? ChocZero Strawberry Jam Preserves! It adds a punch of real berry flavor without any sugar — just natural monk fruit. It’s also sweet and spreadable, so you can use it anywhere you would normally use jam… but it tastes fantastic blended into beverages!
What Is Strawberry Almond Milk?
Strawberry almond milk combines the natural sweetness of strawberries with creamy almond milk. It tastes similar to conventional strawberry milk, without the dairy, added colors, or artificial flavors!
Why You’ll Love This Strawberry Almond Milk Recipe
- Sweet strawberry flavor
- Cool, creamy texture
- 4 easy ingredients
- Sweetened without honey, maple syrup, agave, or other added sweetener
- Done in 15 minutes
- Naturally gluten-free, sugar-free, and dairy-free
Ingredients You’ll Need
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for almond milk with strawberries, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- ChocZero Sugar Free Strawberry Jam Preserves – A thick, spreadable strawberry jam with no sugar and real strawberries, without any fake ingredients. The jam helps sweeten without any added sweeteners, plus it intensifies the strawberry flavor of the strawberries themselves.
- Strawberries – Add natural sweetness and fruity flavor. I used fresh strawberries, but frozen strawberries are fine to use.
- Unsweetened Almond Milk – Use regular almond milk or vanilla flavor, just make sure it’s sugar free. You can also make homemade almond milk!
- Vanilla Extract – Optional, but enhances the sweet flavor of this milk.
How To Make Strawberry Almond Milk
This section shows how to make homemade strawberry almond milk, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique. For full instructions, see the recipe card below.
- Heat. Add jam and chopped berries (either quartered or sliced strawberries) to a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer until a sauce forms, mashing as berries soften. Describe the step.
- Blend. Add berry base to a blender with almond milk and vanilla. Blend until smooth. Taste for sweetness and add more jam if desired.
- Strain. Pour the milk through a fine mesh sieve over a large bowl or large glass measuring cup, pushing the mixture down with the back of a spoon until all liquid has been strained. (You can line the sieve with a nut milk bag or cheesecloth to make the milk extra smooth, but I found that it doesn’t drain through it very well.)
- Chill. Refrigerate strained milk until cold.
- Use frozen berries – Thaw slightly so you can chop them up before using.
- Try other nut-free or non-dairy milks – Substitute coconut milk, cashew milk, or any dairy-free milks you prefer.
- Swap in different berries – Try blueberries or blackberries.
- Store: Keep the milk in a sealed container the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Freeze: Freeze in an ice cube tray or shallow container and store in the freezer for 4-6 months. Thaw in the refrigerator fully before serving cold (or add cubes directly to smoothies).
What To Serve With Strawberry Almond Milk
Although this milk is perfect for sipping on its own, you can also use it for dunking, cereal, and mixing into smoothies! Try it with these recipes.
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Strawberry Almond Milk (3 Ingredients, No Sugar!)
This homemade strawberry almond milk recipe combines juicy ripe strawberries and creamy non-dairy milk into one delicious drink. No sugar or fake ingredients!
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Total: 15 minutes
Servings: 3 (adjust to scale recipe)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Combine the chopped strawberries and jam in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Simmer for about 10 minutes, mashing the sauce as the berries soften, until the strawberries start to break down and a sauce forms.
Transfer the strawberry sauce to a blender. Add almond milk and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth. If it’s not sweet enough for your liking, blend in more jam.
Pour the strawberry almond milk through a fine mesh strainer over a large pitcher, bowl, or measuring cup. Press with the back of a spoon to get all the liquid through the strainer.
Refrigerate strawberry almond milk until cold.
Serving size: 1 cup
Amount per serving. Serving size in recipe notes above.
Total Carbs 36g
Net Carbs 7g
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂