This salted caramel cream cold brew is a copycat recipe for iced Starbucks beverage! Made with just 3 ingredients, the cold foam takes it to another level.
I have quite the Starbucks addition, so instead of buying them, I make my own.
What is a salted caramel cream cold brew?
As the name suggests, the salted caramel cold brew features their original cold brew mixed with their salted caramel coffee syrup. It’s then topped with a creamy foam that is also flavored with more caramel (also known as salted caramel cold foam).
Why you’ll love this salted caramel cream cold brew recipe–
- It’s cheaper than Starbucks, costing almost a quarter of the price tag!
- It’s easily made sugar free, so with a few smart swaps, it’s a Keto friendly Starbucks drink!
- A traditional Starbucks version has close to 350 calories in it. This homemade version has just 60 calories, making it a fantastic low calorie Starbucks drink.
- It’s ready in under a minute, so you can whip it up in no time!
How to make a salted caramel cold brew
- Caramel syrup- I used a homemade sugar free caramel syrup but you can use grocery store ones. Half of the syrup will be blended into the cold brew and the other half will be blended with the cream for the cold foam topping.
- Cold brew- Skip the expensive bottled cold brew you can find at some grocery stores and just make your own at home.
- Ice- This is NOT the coffee beverage you should enjoy warm.
- Cold foam– A mix of heavy cream, caramel syrup, and salt.v
Start by whisking together half the caramel syrup with the cold brew and pour it into a tall glass filled with ice.
Next, using a hand mixer, blend the remaining syrup with the heavy cream to make the cold foam.
Now, pour it over the cold brew, sprinkle with salt, and serve immediately.
Is salted caramel cream cold brew sweet?
While this beverage is sweet, it is nowhere as sweet as a frappuccino or a hot coffee with added syrup in it. The naturally darker flavor of the cold brew balances it out well.
For a less sweet version, you can halve the amount of caramel used.
What is salted caramel cold foam made of?
The cold foam is a mixture of syrup and heavy cream blended together.
- You can make this beverage ahead of time and keep the coffee and caramel mix refrigerated until ready to serve.
- If you’d like a dairy free option, swap out the heavy cream or coconut cream or plant based double cream.
- You can use decaffeinated coffee for a caffeine free version.
- if you don’t have caramel syrup, you can use vanilla syrup.
More Starbucks copycat recipes to try
Frequently Asked Questions
This beverage tastes like a caramel flavored iced coffee, but with a more intense coffee flavor.
Traditionally, cold brew is stronger than an Americano or long black. Per one cup serving, there is approximately 125 milligrams of caffeine compared to a standard espresso shot which has 80 milligrams of caffeine.
In my homemade version, there are just 59 calories each. A typical grande from Starbucks has 350 calories.
For the salted caramel cream foam
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon caramel syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
In a glass jar, whisk together half the caramel syrup with the cold brew. Pour into two glasses filled with ice.
To make the cold brew foam, add the caramel syrup and heavy cream in a large bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat them together until smooth and fluffy. Pour the caramel sweet cream over the top of both glasses and serve immediately.
Pour the caramel cream foam over the top of both glasses, sprinkle with salt, and serve immediately.
I used sugar free caramel syrup but any syrup work.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 59kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 44mg | Potassium: 11mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 221IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg | NET CARBS: 1g