This Pear Smoothie is a healthy breakfast smoothie with vanilla almond milk, banana, and ginger. A delicious 4-ingredient vegan breakfast drink.
Is A Pear Smoothie Healthy?
Pear Smoothies are normally made with high-sugar milk and sometimes loaded with high-fructose corn syrup to make them sweeter.
So a classic pear smoothie is not necessarily that healthy. My recipe below is super healthy!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This recipe is going to be a standard in your kitchen. It is:
- Ready in 5 minutes
- 4 Ingredients
How To Make A Pear Smoothie
Making this recipe is super-quick as it only takes a few minutes and 4 ingredients.
- Pear – Pear is a simple, healthy fruit loaded with nutrients. To make this recipe frothier, you can store your pears in the freezer.
- Banana – the ripeness of your banana will affect the sweetness of the recipe. Bananas with dark spots are much sweeter and will make the recipe quite sweet. For frothier smoothies, freeze your bananas!
- Ginger – fresh and grated.
- Almond Milk – opt for unsweetened vanilla almond milk. If you are allergic to almonds, you can use coconut milk, oat milk, or peanut milk.
Making this pear smoothie recipe is super easy.
To do so, pour the 4 ingredients into the jug of a high-speed blender and blend for about a minute.
Pour the pear smoothie into two tall glasses and decorate them with the following:
- Grated vanilla
- A banana slice
- Ginger or cinnamon powder
This Pear Smoothie is not something you can prepare a long time ahead.
If you let it rest, the various ingredients will split with the heavier bits falling to the bottom and the water from the milk and fruits floating to the top.
You can, of course, stir it again, but it won’t have the same great taste.
So I recommend not making this more than 10 minutes before enjoying it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Make A Green Pear Smoothie?
Yes, add half a cup of baby spinach or green kale to the blender to turn this smoothie green.
Can I Make A Blueberry Pear Smoothie?
Yes, you can turn this pear smoothie blue by adding half a cup of frozen blueberries.
Can I Make A Protein Pear Smoothie?
Yes, you can turn this recipe into a protein pear smoothie. Add a tablespoon of vegan protein powder to the recipe and you’ll add a good 7 to 8 grams of protein!
This Pear Smoothie is a healthy breakfast smoothie with vanilla almond milk, banana, and ginger. A delicious vegan breakfast drink.
Net Carbs 23.4g
Prevent your screen from going dark
Fruits: if you don’t have frozen pear on hand, you can use unfrozen pear. The smoothie will be a little less creamy and thick. Add 2-3 more ice cubes to compensate!
Amount Per Serving (2 Smoothies)
Calories from Fat 17
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 0.1g1%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.9g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.8g
Net Carbs 23.4g
Vitamin A 60.3IU1%
Vitamin C 9mg11%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.