This keto granola is crispy, crunchy, and tastes like the real thing! Made with just 4 ingredients, it makes a fabulous low carb breakfast.
The best keto granola
If you’ve been looking for the best tasting granola substitute that is low in carbs, you’ve come to the right place.
There are tons of keto granola recipes out there, but none of them comes close to achieving the flavor and texture of traditional granola made with oats and honey.
This one, however, could fool even the biggest of granola lovers out there. It needs just 4 ingredients to make and takes less than 15 minutes of baking time.
Oh, and it has the absolute best texture: crispy, crunchy, and chock full of clusters.
Also, each serving has just 3 grams of carbs.
You’ll love the simple ingredient list to make this recipe. If you’ve made any of my keto breakfasts before, you’ll definitely have everything on hand. Here is what you’ll need:
- Nuts. Use your favorite nuts. Just be sure they are unsalted and raw. I used a mix of almonds, cashews, and walnuts.
- Almond flour. Blanched almond flour helps hold the keto granola together, and makes those delicious granola clusters. Avoid using almond meal, as it can have a gritty texture.
- Shredded coconut. Unsweetened shredded coconut flakes! The finer the flakes are, the better they will hold together.
- Keto maple syrup. This syrup adds sweetness and is the binder for the keto granola.
- Mix-ins. Optional, but I love adding some keto chocolate chips or chocolate chunks throughout.
How to make low carb granola
This recipe is ridiculously simple to make. The oven does all of the hard work for you, so it’s pretty hands off.
Step 1- Prep the oven
Start by preheating the oven to 180C/350F. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper, so it will be easy to remove once the granola has cooled.
Step 2- Make the granola mix
Next, in a large mixing bowl, add your favorite nuts, shredded coconut, and almond flour, and mix very well, until combined. Then, you’ll add in your keto maple syrup and mix well, until fully incorporated and all the dry ingredients are covered in it. It may seem like a small amount, but a little goes a long way.
Step 3- Bake it
Now, you’ll then transfer the keto granola mixture onto the lined tray. Using a rubber spatula, spread out the granola in an even layer. Bake the granola for around 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway through. The granola may seem soft, but it will firm up once cooling. Once the edges have gone golden brown, remove it from the oven.
Step 4- Let it cool
Allow the granola to cool completely on the baking tray. Once it has cooled, use your hands to break apart the granola into your desired size. I prefer clusters, so tend to keep them on the larger size.
I love snacking on it, but it is so versatile! Here are some other ways to enjoy this keto granola recipe:
- Ice cream- Add a couple of handfuls to keto ice cream for some added crunch.
- Yogurt bowls- Top your keto yogurt with a generous portion for a filling and nutritious breakfast.
- Crunch Bars- These are PERFECT to use in my keto crunch bar recipe
- Trail mix- Toss through some chocolate chips or other seeds/nuts and have an on-the-go snack or lunch box treat!
- In snack bars- Use this recipe has the base for homemade keto granola bars.
- To store: Leftovers should always be kept in a sealable container, at room temperature. Be sure there is sealed properly, to avoid the granola softening.
- To freeze: This granola is freezer friendly and can be stored in the freezer. Place in a freezer friendly container and keep in the freezer for up to 6 months.
More keto breakfast recipes to try
Frequently Asked Questions
Traditional granola and muesli are not suitable for a low carb diet. They are both primarily made up of carbs and often have added sugar.
Oats are not suitable for a keto diet. The net carb count per serving can eclipse an entire day’s worth of carbs for someone.
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, add all your dry ingredients and mix well. Add your keto maple syrup and mix until fully incorporated.
Transfer the granola mixture on the lined tray and spread out in an even layer.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway through. Granola is done when the edges have gone golden brown.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely, before breaking apart into desired size.
TO FREEZE: This granola is freezer friendly and can be stored in the freezer. Place in a freezer friendly container and keep in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 277kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 25g | Sodium: 8mg | Potassium: 224mg | Fiber: 5g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 2mg | NET CARBS: 3g