This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
If you miss the buttery, pillowy garlic bread (with crispy edges!) from your favorite Italian restaurant on keto, you’re in luck — this easy keto garlic bread recipe is the next best thing! With a few pantry staples (and lots of fresh garlic, of course), this easy bread makes a mouthwatering addition to your favorite Italian meals.
Unlike my keto cheese bread (which is more like cheesy pull-apart dinner rolls) or the garlic breadsticks from my Easy Keto Cookbook (which are made with fathead dough), this one is more like a French baguette.
I take a little shortcut to make this delish keto garlic bread recipe taste authentic: Wholesome Yum Keto Bread Mix! It creates a bubbly and chewy loaf — a.k.a., the best base for a buttery garlic topping — with real ingredients and just 2g net carbs per slice. Perfect for everything from sandwiches to side dishes!
Why You’ll Love This Keto Garlic Bread Recipe
- Buttery, garlicky flavor
- Crusty exterior with soft inside
- Uses basic ingredients — with wheat or other grains
- 10 minutes prep
- Less than 3g net carbs per slice
- Easy to make ahead, or even freeze
Ingredients You’ll Need
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for garlic butter keto bread, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
For The Bread:
- Wholesome Yum Keto Bread Mix – The only bread mix I use! It’s made with a combination of almond flour and whey protein powder, for a bread that actually rises and has air pockets. It makes the best chewy loaf that tastes like conventional bread (all with real ingredients) — and it gets crusty when you toast it in the oven.
- Butter – I prefer grass-fed butter, but any unsalted variety works. Soften it up to room temperature to work it more easily with the bread mix.
- Eggs – Use whole, large eggs.
- Unsweetened Almond Milk – Avoid flavored or sweetened varieties.
For The Topping:
- Salted Butter – Make sure it is softened to room temperature. If you want to use the same unsalted butter you used for the bread mix, just add 3/8 teaspoon of sea salt to 3/4 cup of unsalted butter.
- Garlic – I highly recommend fresh garlic for best flavor, but jarred garlic will also work. (Either of these is preferred over garlic powder.) To convert the 10 fresh garlic cloves in this recipe to jarred, use 5 teaspoons of jarred.
- Fresh Parsley – Fresh tastes best, but if necessary you can substitute 2 teaspoons of dried parsley instead of the 2 tablespoons fresh.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese – Mozzarella cheese would also work, but has a different texture in the end result.
How To Make Keto Garlic Bread
This section shows how to make low carb garlic bread, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique. For full instructions, see the recipe card below.
- Prep bread. Make bread dough according to instructions on Wholesome Yum Bread Mix package (steps 1-4 on the back of the package). You’ll cream the butter, add the eggs and milk, then beat in the bread mix.
- Shape. Place dough on a lined sheet pan and shape into a long loaf (similar to French bread). Score the bread to vent.
- Bake. Bake until golden (an inserted toothpick should come out clean), then cool completely.
- Slice. Cut bread horizontally lengthwise, then into 1.5-inch slices (about 16 pieces total).
- Butter. In a small bowl, mash butter, garlic, and parsley. Spread butter mixture over the bread, then sprinkle parmesan on top (if using).
- Broil. Arrange slices on a baking sheet and broil in the oven until the butter is melted and bread edges are toasted.
- Use different herbs (or spices) – Use traditional Italian herbs like rosemary or oregano (or Italian seasoning), or get creative with red pepper flakes, fresh dill, or green onions.
- Try various cheeses – Parmesan pairs perfectly with garlic, but you can use any keto cheese you like. Go bold and try this bread with blue cheese or feta!
- Add toppings – Caramelized onions, sun dried tomatoes, or artichoke hearts would taste delicious on this bread.
- Store: Keep garlic keto bread leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Meal prep: Make bread and garlic butter mixture, then store separately in the refrigerator before baking. Allow butter to return to room temperature.
- Reheat: Warm garlic bread in a toaster oven, conventional oven, or air fryer at a low temperature until heated through.
- Freeze: Place slices on a baking sheet (spaced apart) and freeze until solid. Transfer to a freezer-safe container or bag for long-term storage in the freezer.
What To Serve With Keto Garlic Bread
Add garlic bread to your next Italian night with these easy recipes:
- Pizza – Enjoy garlic bread with a keto calzone, chaffle pizza, zucchini pizza bites, or simply a classic keto pizza.
- Easy mains – Garlic bread makes the perfect pairing with baked chicken Caprese, Tuscan salmon, Italian sausage stuffed mushrooms, or eggplant Parmesan.
- Soups & salads – Keto zuppa toscana soup, marinated artichoke salad, and Italian sausage kale soup taste delicious with keto garlic bread.
- Pasta – Serve garlic bread with keto lasagna, spaghetti squash alfredo, or cauliflower baked ziti.
More Keto Bread Mix Recipes
Looking for more ways to use Wholesome Yum Keto Bread Mix? Try it in these easy dishes.
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Keto Garlic Bread Recipe (Crusty & Garlicky!)
Learn the tricks to making the best keto garlic bread recipe with basic pantry ingredients! It has a crusty exterior, soft and airy interior, and buttery, garlicky flavor.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 35 minutes
Total: 45 minutes
Servings: 16 (adjust to scale recipe)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
For the keto garlic bread topping:
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (162 degrees C).
Make the dough using the Keto Bread Mix according to package instructions. Instead of baking in a loaf pan, line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Place the bread dough onto the sheet pan and form into a long, rounded loaf in the shape of French bread, about 13 to 14 inches (33-35.5 cm) long, 4 inches (10 cm) wide, and 1 to 1 to 1 1/2 inches (2.5-3.8 cm) tall. Cut diagonal, shallow cuts in the top to vent.
Bake bread for about 25 minutes, until the top is golden and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely.
When the bread has cooled, preheat the oven to Broil.
Cut the bread loaf in half horizontally lengthwise then stack the two long pieces and cut into 1.5-inch (3.8 cm) slices. You’ll end up with about 16 pieces total.
In a medium bowl, mash together the butter, garlic, and parsley.
Spread the garlic butter over the bread. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, if using.
Arrange the bread in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Broil for 2-4 minutes, until the butter is melted and the edges of the bread are toasted and golden.
Serving size: 1 piece
Amount per serving. Serving size in recipe notes above.
Total Carbs 7.8g
Net Carbs 2.7g
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂