This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
This crustless zucchini quiche recipe is bursting with summery flavor, thanks to tender slices of zucchini nestled into fluffy, seasoned, cheesy eggs. Just like with Instant Pot crustless quiche, there’s no need to fuss with dough for this quiche with zucchini — just pour and bake!
Why You’ll Love This Zucchini Quiche Recipe
- Rich veggie and cheese flavor
- Fluffy, tender texture
- No pie crust needed
- 10 minutes prep, then hands-off cooking
- Naturally low in carbs and gluten-free
- Perfect summer dish any time of day
Ingredients You’ll Need
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for zucchini crustless quiche, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Olive Oil – Use your favorite extra-virgin variety, or any neutral cooking oil.
- Onion – Yellow or white onions work best in this recipe.
- Zucchini – Obviously a must to call it zucchini quiche, but yellow squash would also work the same way.
- Dried Basil – You could also use dried oregano, or store-bought or homemade Italian seasoning mix. If you want to use fresh herbs, use one tablespoon fresh to replace each teaspoon dried.
- Garlic – The flavor of fresh garlic tastes best, but you can also use jarred garlic for convenience.
- Eggs – Use whole, large eggs.
- Heavy Cream – You can also use half and half, or alternative milks such as almond milk or hemp milk.
- Salt & Pepper
- Cheese – I used a combination of shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Parmesan cheese would also work well!
How To Make Crustless Zucchini Quiche
This section shows how to make zucchini quiche crustless, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique. For full instructions, see the recipe card below.
- Saute onions. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, then add onions. Cook until translucent.
- Cook zucchini. Add zucchini and season with basil. Increase heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until squash is soft and beginning to brown.
- Add garlic. Make a well in the center of the vegetables and add garlic (and more oil if needed). Saute until fragrant, then stir into zucchini and onions.
- Transfer. Add half of the zucchini mixture to a 9-inch pie plate. Layer half the cheese over the top. Layer on the remaining zucchini, followed by remaining cheese.
TIP: No pie plate?
You can also bake this quiche in an 8×8″ square baking pan. Cooking time will remain the same.
- Whisk. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, salt, and pepper. Pour the egg mixture onto the zucchini in the pan.
- Bake. Bake the zucchini quiche until the eggs are set.
- Use different veggies – Swap 1 of the zucchini with 1 to 1.5 cups of sliced mushrooms, or 5-6 ounces of fresh or frozen spinach. (If using frozen spinach, thaw and squeeze out moisture first. You can saute it if you like.)
- Add a crust – Use your favorite savory pie crust and parbake it first. I like almond flour pie crust or coconut flour pie crust, but any kind you like will work. You’ll need to reduce the number of eggs and cream a bit so that the filling fits.
- Store: Keep leftovers covered in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
- Meal prep: Sauté all veggies ahead of time, then assemble when ready to bake.
- Reheat: You can warm up individual slices in the microwave, or reheat the entire quiche in the oven at 350 degrees F, until warm.
Can You Freeze Zucchini Quiche?
Zucchini quiche recipes can freeze for 2-3 months. Simply cool completely, wrap tightly, and freeze. Thaw in the fridge overnight, then reheat according to the instructions above.
What To Serve With Crustless Zucchini Quiche
This quiche would pair well with a variety of brunch recipes! Give these favorites a try.
More Healthy Zucchini Recipes
I have dozens of healthy zucchini recipes for every meal! Try these delicious ideas next:
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Crustless Zucchini Quiche Recipe (Easy!)
This crustless zucchini quiche recipe bakes up with simple, savory ingredients, with just 10 minutes of prep time. Perfect for summer!
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
Total: 50 minutes
Servings: 6 (adjust to scale recipe)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C).
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions. Cook for about 5 minutes, until translucent.
Add the zucchini slices and season with dried basil. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook zucchini for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally but not constantly, until soft and starting to brown.
Make a well in the middle and add the minced garlic (add more oil if necessary). Saute for about 1 minute, until fragrant, then stir the garlic into the zucchini and onions.
Transfer half of the zucchini mixture to the bottom of a 9 inch (23 cm) round pie pan (or an 8×8 inch square baking pan). Sprinkle half of both cheeses over the zucchini. Top with the remaining zucchini and then the remaining cheeses.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, sea salt, and black pepper. Pour the egg mixture into the pan over the zucchini.
Bake for 30-35 minutes, until set.
Serving size: 1 slice, or 1/6 of entire quiche
Amount per serving. Serving size in recipe notes above.
Total Carbs 4.9g
Net Carbs 3.9g
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂