This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
This crustless pumpkin pie is the perfect way to capture classic fall flavors, without fussing over pie dough! While my sugar-free pumpkin pie (with almond flour crust or coconut flour crust) and keto pecan pie are often on my table for fall get togethers, this crust-free version is an even easier way to enjoy a fabulous fall dessert. No crust pumpkin pie needs only a few easy ingredients and a super short prep time!
Can You Make Crustless Pumpkin Pie?
Yes, you can make pumpkin pie crustless if you don’t have time to make crust (or simply don’t want to take the extra steps to do so). However, you do need the right ingredients and technique, so a dedicted recipe for crustless pumpkin pie is a better choice than just omitting the crust from a regular recipe.
With no crust to stabilize it, this pie recipe depends on the right ingredients to reach the perfect consistency. After lots of testing, I only recommend Besti Monk Fruit Allulose Blend (a combination of powdered and brown versions) for the right level of sweetness and super smooth texture. It makes this pie taste every bit as good as a conventional one, without the sugar crash — or the fuss of making a crust!
Why You’ll Love This Crustless Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Sweet, spiced flavor
- Super smooth and creamy texture
- No crust pumpkin pie is easier than versions with a crust
- Simple, natural ingredients
- Just 10 minutes prep time
- Naturally gluten-free, sugar-free, low carb, low calorie, and keto crustless pumpkin pie
- Perfect for Thanksgiving and fall gatherings
Ingredients & Substitutions
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for pumpkin crustless pie, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Pumpkin Puree – Use pure canned pumpkin like this, not canned pumpkin pie filling (which contains other ingredients). Homemade pumpkin puree will also work.
- Heavy Whipping Cream – Adds to the silky texture in the pumpkin pie filling. For a dairy-free or paleo option, you can substitute canned coconut cream.
- Eggs – Use whole, large eggs. I have not tried substituting flax eggs, but most likely they would not provide sufficient structure for a crustless pie.
- Sugars Or Sugar Substitutes – I use a combination of powdered & brown Besti Monk Fruit Allulose Blend sweeteners, which dissolve easily just like sugar does, and create a super smooth filling with the perfect brown sugar flavor — and no actual sugar. If you don’t need the crustless pumpkin pie sugar-free, you can substitute regular powdered and brown sugar. I don’t recommend other sugar substitutes, though, as the texture will end up gritty. Also, avoid liquid sweeteners like maple syrup, as they will make the pie too runny.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – A cozy blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and allspice. You can get it store-bought, or make homemade pumpkin pie spice in minutes.
- Sea Salt – Balances the sweet taste in this pie.
- Vanilla Extract – Use a high-quality one for best taste.
- Unflavored Gelatin Powder – The key ingredient that helps the crustless pumpkin pie filling stabilize and firm up. For a vegetarian substitution, you can also use coconut flour or arrowroot powder, in different amounts.
How To Make Crustless Pumpkin Pie
This section shows how to make no crust pumpkin pie, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Mix. Use a hand mixer to mix pumpkin, cream, eggs, Besti, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Avoid over mixing.
- Thicken. Sprinkle — don’t dump — gelatin powder (or substitute) over the filling, then immediately beat (or whisk) until uniform. Let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Pour. Transfer filling to a pie dish (this one is the perfect size for this recipe). Gently tap to release any air bubbles.
- Bake. Bake this pumpkin pie crustless recipe, until nearly set but slightly jiggly in the center.
- Chill. Cool uncovered at room temperature on a wire rack, then refrigerate until completely cooled and set.
- Enjoy. Top with sugar-free whipped cream, if desired, and slice. (It can help to wipe down your knife between slices — and just know that the first slice is the hardest to cut cleanly!)
Cool pie completely to avoid excess condensation gathering on the surface. Wrap in plastic and store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Can You Freeze Crustless Pumpkin Pie?
Yes, crustless pumpkin pie can freeze! Place the entire pan in the freezer, uncovered, until solid. Once solid, cover tightly in plastic wrap and return to the freezer for up to 3-4 months. To thaw, remove the wrap and thaw overnight in the refrigerator, uncovered, before serving.
More Healthy Fall Recipes
If you like warm and cozy flavors, you’ll love these healthy fall treats and meals!
Crustless Pumpkin Pie (Easy & Sugar-Free!)
This gluten-free, sugar-free crustless pumpkin pie is creamy, sweet, and packed with fall flavor, using simple ingredients + 10 minutes prep!
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 35 minutes
Resting Time 2 hours 5 minutes
Total: 45 minutes
Servings: 8 (adjust to scale recipe)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (163 degrees C). Grease a pie pan with neutral cooking spray or butter.
In a large bowl, using a hand mixer at medium-low speed, beat together the pumpkin, cream, eggs, Besti Powdered, Besti Brown, pumpkin pie spice, sea salt, and vanilla (if using), until smooth. (Don’t overmix.)
Sprinkle (don’t dump) the gelatin powder over the batter, then immediately beat until uniform. (If using coconut flour or arrowroot, beat those in the same way.) Let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
Pour the batter into a pie pan (this one is the perfect size for this recipe). Gently tap on the counter to release any air bubbles.
Bake the crustless pumpkin pie for 35-45 minutes, until the pie is almost set but still slightly jiggly in the center when you shake the pan (like jello). The internal temperature using a meat thermometer should be 165-170 degrees F (74-77 degrees C).
Cool completely on the counter, uncovered, then refrigerate at least 2 hours (until completely cold) or overnight, before slicing.
Serving size: 1 slice, or 1/8 entire pie
Amount per serving. Serving size in recipe notes above.
Total Carbs 5.5g
Net Carbs 3.8g
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂